Visiting Echuca Moama? Here’s a list of 23 best accommodation & places to stay.
Echuca is a holiday town located on the Murry River in Victoria, Australia. It’s a popular tourist destination known for paddle steamers, historic port, and beautiful weather. If you’re planning a trip to Echuca, you’ll want to find the best accommodation to suit your needs. Here are our top recommendations to consider in Echuca and Moama. We also suggest that when you book your holiday accommodation that you book a Green Pedal Guided E-Bike Tour, or a Hire a Bike for a day or two, or for the duration of your stay. You will see more of Echuca Moama by bike, and a Green Pedal E-Bike makes it so easy!
Table of Contents
Holiday Houses In The Heart of Echuca
- Centrally located holiday accommodation – 3 bedroom apartment located at 447 High Street, Echuca. Perfectly positioned in the heart of Echuca within walking distance of the historic Port area. Easy access to all of Echuca’s best restaurants, bars and cafes. A leisurely stroll to Echuca’s best festivals including Riverboats Music Festival, Winter Blue’s Festival and more! Book through Airbnb or email Kate firstname.lastname@example.org.
- River House Echuca – a stunning renovated period home nestled on the banks of the Campaspe River. Book online through Airbnb.
- Annesley House – located in Annesley Street Echuca, close to Big W and the supermarkets, and in walking distance of central Echuca. Friendly hosts, beautiful outdoor pool, a perfect home for a family getaway. Plenty of space for the family to relax and sloe to town to enjoy all Echuca has to offer. Phone Gary & Helen on 0429 859 944
- The White House Echuca – possibly Echuca’s most luxurious holiday home. Centrally located in Heygarth Street, gas heated pool, 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Nearby to the Echuca Visitor Information Centre and the picturesque Aquatic reserve.
- The Old Wesley House is a luxurious and picturesque holiday home, sleeping up to 12, and is located in Annesley Street near the Visitor Information Centre and Aldi. It is in walking distance to the shops, cafes, restaurants and attractions. This home is a stunning renovated church, sleeping up to 10 guests with 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Book through Echuca Holiday Homes.
- ACE (Absolutely Central Echuca) – 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom home with 5 separate sleeping areas. Spoil yourself, friends and family – you will love the style, facilities and quiet central location of ACE. Unwind and relax in a very spacious modern home, centrally located in Echuca’s finest residential area where everything is within walking distance. The secure private and secluded north facing rear yard features a fully fenced solar heated 8×4 metre pool with in floor cleaning and hot outdoor shower, extensive undercover decking, fans, beautiful grassed gardens complete with a kids cubby house, shaded sandpit and slide. Book Direct to save on fees – Call Chelsie on 0438 375 938 or book online www.echucaholidayhouse.com.au.
- Quest is located in Heygarth Street Echuca, and is situated close to restaurants, cafes and the shopping precinct. The Echuca Visitor Information Centre is within 50 metres from the Quest, and is a great starting point for booking any last many activities when you arrive (we recommend pre-booking all your activities).
- The Clocktower Suites are centrally located at 234 Anstruther Street Echuca. This boutique accommodation is on the doorstep of the main shopping strip and a short walk to restaurants, pubs and the Murray River. Soak up the history and atmosphere of this grand old building (the former Echuca Post Office built circa 1879). We think you will love the graceful arches, magnificent staircases, 16 foot ceilings and its very own clocktower! Phone 0488 008 860.
- The CocknBull Boutique Hotel, is located centrally in Warren Street Echuca, on the banks of the Campaspe River. The CocknBull offers five perfectly appointed self-contained boutique apartments sleeping a maximum of 18 guests.The interiors offer luxurious, contemporary designed layouts with high end furnishings and period statement pieces to reflect the history of the building which dates back to 1876. The hotel can be booked as individual rooms or as a private group retreat.
- The Mercure 4 star hotel is located in High Street. It has spacious guest rooms with modern amenities, an outdoor pool and a restaurant and bar on site.
- The Riverboat Lodge Motor Inn, High Street Echuca offers a variety of room types to suit different budgets and group sizes. It has an outdoor bool and BBQ area.
- We recommend the Echuca Nirebo Motel as it’s an affordable friendly motel located just near the Echuca library, American Hotel and the Nook café. It has an outdoor pool and BBQ area. It’s also nearby to Endota Spa, perfect for relaxing after a day of exploring.
- The Georgian is located in High Street Echuca, close to the local swimming pool, the Top of the Town fish and chip store and is in walking distance to supermarkets, restaurants and cafes. This hotel is known for the friendly staff and an excellent breakfast.
- Our favourite – Perricoota Vines Retreat is a beautiful resort located in Moama, close by to the Rich River Golf Club, St Anne’s Winery and the Three Black Sheep. It has won many awards, and has many excellent facilities.
- Tindarra Resort is an award winning premium resort located in Moama. It is an ideal destination for family holidays and is also a popular wedding and function venue. It’s close by to Moama Safeway and Moama RSL.
- Rich River Golf Club not only boasts magnificent golfing greens, but also offers affordable accommodation. With 40 Standard Rooms, 22 Deluxe Rooms, 1 Executive Spa Room and an Apartment which can accommodate up to 8 guests, there are plenty of choice. Perfect for a golfing getaway, and they offer a range of packages that make for a fabulous Murray River golfing adventure. Rich River Golf Club also has a mini-golf course, perfect for children and adults alike.
Cabins, Caravans and Camping
- The NRMA Echuca Holiday Park located at the end of High Street Echuca, near Victoria Park, is a beautifully maintained park with excellent amenities, including holiday cabins and camp sites.
- The Murray River Holiday Park in Blair Street Moama is set in a quiet location, perfectly positioned in the heart of Moama and a short walking distance to Echuca’s historic port precinct. Enjoy shady grassed powered sites, or a cabin to suit any style you’re after. The holiday park has a lovely outdoor pool and an enclosed Entertaining BBQ area, great for all year round purpose. You can travel with the whole family too, as they are pet friendly all year round. Very close to the Murray River Tea Rooms, a social enterprise that we recommend you visit for the scones and excellent coffee.
- Moama Waters is located about 5kms from central Moama and is a beautiful new park with big grass sites. Featuring a gorgeous pool, playgrounds, jumping pillow, tennis courts, camp kitchen, ensuite sites, beautiful units, lovely amenities and a boat ramp. In summer months the Port Ice-creamery mobile ice-cream shop opens up to treat guests. Also located in the park is Riverbank restaurant – which is one of Echuca Moama’s most popular restaurants.
- Rotary Park is located on the edge of the Campaspe River, Rose Street Echuca and is a great option for overnight stays for self-contained RV travellers. There is a public dump point and water points available. The Rotary Club appreciates donations of $10 per night per vehicle, as well as donations for use of the dump and water points. All monies received go back into maintaining the park and towards Rotary community service projects. The park has a live in caretaker, John Lomas, who can be contacted on Ph: 0408 669 549
- If you want to experience the Mighty Murray River onboard a houseboat, Executive Houseboats have a luxury fleet of boats available for hire. They are equipped with the latest technology and appliances which makes for a 5 star experience.
- Bella Casa Houseboats are located close to Echuca, and are moored on the Moama side of the Murray River. The houseboats can accommodate up to 12 people comfortably. Bella Casa houseboats are immaculately presented with modern facilities including a heated spa, bbq, laundry, bar, 4 double rooms with queen size bed and ensuites, spacious living areas and more.
- Echuca Luxury Houseboats – your heaven on the Murray River. There’s from 6 luxury houseboats to choose from:. Infinity – Echuca’s only 6 bedroom luxury houseboat. Icon, Echuca’s newest purpose built luxury houseboat, Envy, Ultimate and Deluxe. Enjoy the freedom of captaining your own luxury houseboat for a relaxing escape on the beautiful Murray River. For a reservation or enquiries phone 1800 032 643.
- You may also be interested in staying at an Airbnb property in Echuca. To find Airbnb options in Echuca visit the Airbnb website or app and search for listings in the areas. Some things to consider when booking an Airbnb include the location, amenities and reviews from past guests.
Needing more accommodation ideas?
- The Echuca Visitor Information Centre is always happy to help you find accommodation to suit your needs and holiday dates. Call the friendly team on 1800 804 446 or visit the Echuca Moama Tourism website.
See more and enjoy more of Echuca MoamaHire a Green Pedal E-Bike for a day or two, or book a Guided E-Bike Tour, and you’ll go further, see more and enjoy more! No matter which accommodation option you choose, if you have a bike, you’ll be well positioned to explore all that Echuca has to offer. Whether you’re interested in the town’s rich history, the beautiful Murray River or the abundance of outdoor activities, Echuca is a great destination for a relaxing outdoor getaway. Green Pedal Cycles offers free delivery of E-Bikes to make your stay even more enjoyable. Discover the many bike paths and tracks, to explore Echuca and Moama. Ride to the Moama wineries and cafes, without breaking a sweat! Hire an E-Bike for a day or two, or join one of Green Pedal Guided E-Bike tours. Family friendly fun, with child seat carriers available. Online bookings are recommended. Read the comprehensive Green Pedal Blog on Things To Do In Echuca.
Where is Echuca?
Echuca is located in Victoria, Australia. Echuca is an easy 2½ hour drive from Melbourne, and a similar distance from Albury. Echuca is a border town – just across the river is the delightful town Moama NSW. You can travel by train from Melbourne to Echuca. There’s plenty of accommodation in walking distance from the train station.
If you haven’t heard of Echuca before you might be wondering how you pronounce it! So here you go – “Eee- Choo- Ka”.
Echuca Moama was recently impacted by floods, but is now fully open. We welcome your visit to our picturesque destination!