32 of the Best Places to Eat in Echuca Moama
Here’s a list of trusted local recommendations! If you’re planning a visit to Echuca Moama it’s a good idea to make a booking ahead of time, especially for dinner. And the list is up to date as at January 2023.
With so many wonderful food options – include some exercise in your holiday! Hire an Electric Bike, or join an E-Bike tour. We look forward to welcoming you! You’ll find us most days in Murray Esplanade Echuca, near the Murray River Paddlesteamer’s booking office and the Port of Echuca Discovery Centre.
Table of Contents
Cafes – our top 11 in alpha order!
Breakfast, Brunch & Lunch
- Black Pudding – High Street Echuca: great coffee, and a great choice for breakfast.
- Fuzion – Pakenham Street Echuca: just near the lights off High Street – a large venue with some retail as well.
- Hammond Providore – Meninya Street Moama: Moama’s newest cafe – indoor and outdoor dining and possibly Moama’s best coffee.
- Johnny & Lyle – High Street Echuca: Echuca’s busiest cafe – great coffee, excellent breakfast and lunch menu.
- Nourish – High Street Echuca (juices, salads, health bars): the best sushi in Echuca – try the salmon or chicken salad bowls (Monday – Saturday 8am – 4pm)
- Niko Niko – Japanese & Korean Restaurant opened in High Street Echuca (where Shebani’s was), in September.
- The Nook – High Street Echuca: open from 7am, excellent food and coffee
- The Odd Captain – High Street Echuca (great coffee)
- The Sweet Meadow – High Street Echuca (mostly vegan): the quaintest cafe in Echuca, fabulous food and service – try the waffles!
- Three Black Sheep – Perricoota Road Moama * perfect destination by bike: great coffee, indoor and outdoor seating, great all day menu – David’s favourite is the chilli scrambled egg. Lunch first choice is the BLT.
- Wren Courtyard Cafe – High Street Echuca: great coffee, friendly service – try the egg and bacon sanga! #1 for Friendly Service!
We also love to support the Murray River Tea Rooms in Meninya Street Moama. The Tea Rooms serve excellent coffee, have a range of cakes supplied by local cafes and is a social enterprise supporting people with disability. They have awesome scones!
We recommend hiring an E-Bike or a standard bike and cycling out to the Three Black Sheep in Moama. Stop by the Murray River Tea Rooms for coffee on your way!
Our favourite restaurants
Dinner in Echuca Moama
We’re spoilt with choice in Echuca Moama!
- Our new favourite is Riverbank in Moama. As the name suggests there’s beautiful views of the Murray River. The restaurant is located about 5kms out of town and is located within Moama Waters holiday park. Advance bookings are highly recommended, as all the locals book ahead during holiday time! If you’re booking lunch – this is a great destination by bike! Open Wednesday to Friday 6pm – late, Saturday 12pm – late and Sunday 8am – 4pm (as at April 2023).
- Lunch or a Dinner cruise on the MV Maryann Murray River Echuca is highly recommended. Enjoy the Murray River views, a cruise and great food! Bookings essential. (Currently out of service due to technical issues – April 2023).
- OPA serving authentic Greek cuisine is one of Echuca’s newest restaurants. The food is high quality and the service is excellent. Located in High Street Echuca. The restaurant’s slogan is “Eat Like A Greek”. Enjoy good times and good food!
- The Mill, which is located near the Safeway Complex in Nish Street Echuca is a great place for a quality meal and dining experience.
- Junction is a popular fine dining restaurant, located at the Moama Bowling Club. Note, Junction is for over 18’s only.
- The Curry Club Echuca is extremely popular and also provides take away. Order ahead as due to popularity there can be a long wait for take-away.
- Monkee & Co (Asian) in Echuca is also a popular choice with our family.
- Morrisons Riverview Winery – Moama (lunch and dinner). A tranquil setting, often a Kookaburra will come and say hello!
- Family style meals – the Moama RSL, Rich River Golf Club and Moama Bowling Club are great options.
- If you’re after a pub meal, again there’s no shortage of great options. We recommend the American, the Caledonian (the Cal) and the Star Hotel. All of these have outdoor eating spaces.
- Our first choice for Fish and Chips is Top of the Town, located in High Street Echuca near the swimming pool.
- Nourish in High Street offers sushi, juices, coffee and have amazing salad bowls. Open from 8am – 4pm Monday – Saturday.
- Order a hamper from the Hungry Goat or Fuzion, and enjoy a picnic by the river. Add a bottle of local award winning wine from St Anne’s in High Street Echuca.
- You can’t beat a Roma Pizza to enjoy on a picnic rug while you relax beside the river or at Moama beach.
- The best burgers in town come from Bruburger – High Street Echuca, near the ice-creamery. And they have vegetarian options too.
Echuca & Moama Bakeries
- Moama Bakery has great food in 3 great locations – High Street Echuca, Ogilvie Avenue Echuca and Meninya Street Echuca. Moama Bakery has mouth watering options – their shops are full of everything you would expect to find in a bakery! They are open 7 days a week. And, they’re are well known for being great supporters of the community.
- Beechworth Bakery is located at 531 High Street Echuca. They have indoor and outdoor dining and a fabulous range of cakes, pies, toasties and savouries. They are open early – approximately 5.30pm 7 days a week, except for Christmas Day.
- Bakehouse 151 is the newest bakery in Echuca, and is getting rave reviews. You will find it at 151 Pakenham Street Echuca. We have heard they have great gluten free options.
- How can you go past a great ice-cream shop, especially when you’re on holidays! Echuca’s Port Ice-creamery has a vast selection of ice-cream flavours and has extended opening hours during holiday time. You can often spot a crowd at the ice-creamery on a hot summer evening.
- Echuca’s lolly shop, the Heritage Sweet Company is the “sweetest place in town”. It’s popular with all ages, and anyone with a sweet tooth will enjoy a visit. The choice is amazing!
- The Chocolate Company in High Street has a large range of locally made chocolates, wines and other gifts.